Calling all artists and art lovers! Take part in The MAC’s 22nd Annual Members Show. Submit works in all media, from painting and sculpture to video and performance; it can be something old, or new, or experimental.
Interested in showing your art and your support during our biggest membership drive of the year? It’s easy, become a member at $50 level or above ($30 for students) and bring a work of art during the specified drop-off dates.
This year, The MAC invites artists to respond to the theme Assembly. Each year, a theme for the exhibition is selected by The MAC staff and Board of Directors. Previous themes include Δ (Delta), Trans-, Meltdown, and Border.
The Annual Members Show is one of the cornerstones of the spirit and mission of The MAC. The exhibition celebrates emerging to established artistic talent in Dallas and surrounding areas. While fostering an inclusive worldview, The MAC continues to shape perceptions and attitudes towards contemporary art on a local level by acting as a societal meeting point between artists and art patrons. The Annual Members Show provides a meeting point, a place for creative expression and experimentation, and importantly, supports our future programming.
Details on eligibility and submission requirements are outlined below. Full Eligibility & Requirements and printable forms available at the-mac.org/members-show.
The exhibition is on view Saturday, July 27 through Sunday, September 1, 2019. A public opening reception will be held Saturday, July 27, 6-9 PM. The MAC is free and open to the public Wednesday through Sunday from 12-5 PM.
Drop off dates are Wednesday, July 17 through Saturday, July 20 from 12-6 PM. All entries must be received no later than Saturday, July 20 at 6 PM. Please contact The MAC to set up an appointment to drop off your artwork if these dates/times conflict with your schedule.
Pick up dates are Tuesday, September 3 through Saturday, September 7 from 12-6 PM. The MAC will send email notification after the closing of the exhibition for all works to be collected. Please see Notification and Return of Work section below.
Entrants must be or become members of The MAC at the time of submission. All persons with memberships valid through August 2019 are eligible to submit artwork. Membership applications and information about membership benefits can be found at the-mac.org or by contacting assistant(at)the-mac.org.
Each artist may submit one artwork as an individual or participate in one collaborative work.
• Visual Art: 2-D and 3-D art cannot exceed 16-inches in any dimension and must be ready to install on the date of delivery. 2-D works must have sturdy hanging hardware such as d-rings or wire.
• Video Art: Videos must be single-channel and under 5 minutes in duration. All video submissions will be screened in succession on one 49” monitor.
• Performance Art / Literary Readings: Performance art and literary readings will be presented during the opening reception.
• Collaborative Works: Please contact The MAC to obtain the criteria for participation and guidelines for collaborative works.
1. Dimensions of artwork, including the frame, must not exceed 16-inches in any dimension and video works must not exceed five minutes in duration.
2. Work must be display ready (i.e. 2-D works must have hanging hardware, videos must be on a thumb drive). The MAC reserves the right to reject work that cannot be safely displayed.
3. All works must be labeled with the following information:
• Artist’s first and last name
• Title, year completed, media, and duration for videos
• Indication of top of image if necessary for visual art
4. For expedited drop off process, print at home and bring a completed Loan Form available at the-mac.org/members-show.
Be the first to comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
4.8 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 starsposted 1 month ago
My husband and I were over at Ideation Station last week and it’s exciting to see that the vision for the cultural Arts Center in Sherman is quickly coming to life! They have many wonderful artists, lots of incredible artwork being sold in the gallery, a photography darkroom and all kinds of creative workshops on site including different areas of the literary arts. They are growing the art community across Texoma!
5 out of 5 starsposted 2 months ago
Located in the Heart of Sherman TX with beautiful office spaces and artwork of all kinds are on the walls of this perfectly located business center. The owner is very nice and has quite a place for small businesses especially start ups.
5 out of 5 starsposted 3 months ago
What a fantastic space to visit. I love this concept of bringing local business owners together in a space that also supporting local artists. My favorite display is by the front door by my friend Bo Huff!
Our catalog is for information only. Please contact us to coordinate purchases directly from the artists under their terms and conditions. Dismiss