Texas Parks and Wildlife
*EVENT CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER*
We will reschedule for Saturday, September 21st.
Night Sky Photography
Join us for a night sky photography workshop.
Please meet at the west end of the dam. Park Volunteer, Mr. Burns, will share his tips and tricks on how to get the best photos of the Milky Way!
Entrance fees are required. $4/ person 13 years old and older, 12 and younger are free.
Please use the self-pay station at the park office to make your payment.
Please bring your own equipment for this workshop. The following is a list of items that are suggested, however, bring what you have and learn how to use it for night skies photography.
• The studier the better. A stiff breeze is enough to add vibration to long exposure shots on lightweight tripods.
• Full frame or crop sensor.
• Wired or wireless. This is not a requirement but since we will be using slow shutter speeds, a shutter release will help minimize vibration in the camera.
• A fast, wide angle lens (low f-stop, f/2.8 for example). You can use a lens with a larger f-stop number, but it will become challenging to gather enough light.
• If you are using a full frame camera, a lens with a focal length of 24mm or less will work.
• If you are using a crop frame camera, you will want a lens with a focal length of 15mm or less.